« Home | Black Sheep » | They're coming to get us » | Too bad no one said this coke bottle activity was ... » | I'm reading a cacaphony of justifications » | Their version of 'discrediting' » | Why don't they just call him a 'fag' and get it ov... » | This ought to do it » | Dick Radatz » | FUH2 » | Red-faced philistine » 

Monday, May 09, 2005 

Hillary-ous

Recently, a few people have asked me if I think Hillary would be a good candidate in '08, and I think I feel exactly this way:
Enough is enough. On a purely tactical level, I think Senator Clinton is disastrous. As Peter Beinart writes, she's always been a centrist sort. But as Tim Graham makes clear, she'll never get any credit for it from anyone.
I would add only that part of the reason it would be disastrous is because she would be painted as a power-hungry feminist, which is right up there with a power-hungry gay man, in terms of the level of threat to the whacko agenda/definition of manliness. At least she'll be in her second term when she runs.