« Home | Things I Used To Believe » | Feel the love » | Burden of Proof » | Things I Used To Believe » | Because my girlfriend said so. » | Career choices » | For the BU alumni » | The first step is admitting you have a problem » | Too bad he's dead » | Lyric Blogging » 

Monday, December 19, 2005 

This guy is smart

Wish I thought of this:
I think what you can say is that the Bush team is cynically manipulating public sentiment for the sake of pushing the limits of presidential power. It's a brilliant move, really, tapping into an aspect of the psyche that has been preconditioned by a hoary myth that has been perpetuated over the years by Hollywood: the notion that the action-driven hero's instincts for "saving lives" are superior to careful reasoning and principled restraint.But it sure is weird for a bunch of people who make a living out of deriding "Hollywood values."