« Home | E-Dogs on Syria and Italians » | More Gannon/Guckert » | Call me paranoid, but ... » | Psychics » | Just imagine if it was Clinton » | Hypocricy » | For any Yankee fans who might be reading (Adam).  » | This pretty much sums it up. » | Finally! » | How is this possible? » 

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 

I Also Miss the Real John McCain

This guy was apparently moved by John McCain once, when he was still alive, God rest his soul. The fact that the new McCain can vote yea on Gonzalez for Attorney General is simply beyond my brain's comprehension. "Hey, I was tortured mercilously for years and I watched my best friends suffer at the hands of torturers, but you know, now I don't feel it's really that terrible a thing to do," says TAFKA-McCain. Although I'm being glib here, I was actually crushed when I learned that. He was (again, God rest his soul, go to the light Johnny) my first and only real political hero. I shook his hand at a campaign rally on Wall Street (while cutting out of my law school internship for a nice 3 hour 'lunch'), and it is one of the most memorable moments of my life. I still have the McCain2000 pin I got that day, and I remember saying "Big fan!" to him, like he was Pedro Martinez or something. Yeah, I felt like a jackass. I guess McCain's public persona meant so much to me back then because I wanted to be a Republican, but my heart was inevitably pulling me to the blue side. Since then, I've realized I'm a good old-fashioned centrist-liberal-Democrat, but back then McCain was right at the crossroads with me (or at least I thought he was, yes he was!, this is a different McCain). The fact that he can now whore for this monstrous administration position on Social Security is just icing. I'm sure he's looking down right now, saying "Who the hell is this clown in my body?!"

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I would have even considered voting for him. Voting for torture? Bzzzzzzzt. Sorry, all respect is now gone.

Post a Comment