« Home | I love this guy » | More "what if the shoe was on the other Clinton" » | Torture » | I Also Miss the Real John McCain » | E-Dogs on Syria and Italians » | More Gannon/Guckert » | Call me paranoid, but ... » | Psychics » | Just imagine if it was Clinton » | Hypocricy » 

Thursday, February 17, 2005 

This is why Media Matters for America matters

Unlike the right-wing's alleged media watchdog sites, Media Matters for America extensively quotes its subjects and often provides links to video, audio and transcripts to insure against allegations of taking things out of context. Alas, media wingers still claim that. Why? They suck, that's why. I can't think of a better reason. This entry is quintisential Media Matters. What it does is so straight-forward, merely comparing the right's allegations to the public record, which requires thorough investigation and an honest look at issues. That's why the wingers hate it, and by comparison, the Media Research Center looks absolutely juvenile. I think now that McCain is dead, there's room for a new political god in my life, and David Brock is that person. Dick Durbin is screaming up the charts, though. I've got competing crushes on Harry Reid and Barbara Boxer, also. Jesus, there are some good senators out there.