« Home | Interesting » | I link to this guy too much » | This is beautiful » | Yes! » | Mark My Words » | Things I Used To Believe » | This guy is smart » | Things I Used To Believe » | Feel the love » | Burden of Proof » 

Friday, December 30, 2005 

God hates the heartland?

The lovely Ms. Machiavelli was just making this observation last night:

I’ve been trying to figure out why God has been sending all those horrible grass fires to Texas. At first I thought it was because God dislikes George W. Bush, and so is punishing Texas. But then in fairness, I realized that God’s time is different than man’s time, and it may be that God is having a delayed reaction to the governorship of Ann Richards, which means the grass fires are the Democrats' fault. Or maybe God doesn’t like Molly Ivins and is punishing Texas because of her. Maybe he’s having a conniption fit about Brokeback Mountain. Of course, most of the sex scenes take place in Montana, while it’s only Jake Gyllenhaal’s pretend marriage that takes place in Texas. So if God was being more exact, He should send grass fires to Montana, not Texas. So maybe it is Molly Ivins.

She is smart.