« Home | Charles Barkley, again. » | Sit down Carlos Delgado! » | Pat Tillman Opposed Iraq War » | Is this good or bad? » | Funniest thing ever. » | I was wrong » | I guess language is part of the liberal conspiracy... » | My Mind Is Blown » | Help me out, am I wrong? » | Is it bad that this seems normal now? » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

Religion

I read this article a while back when it first showed up on Huffington Post but worried that it was too hyperbolic to link to. Screw it. This is what every atheist wishes his/her drunken rantings sounded like. And I'm pretty sure the author was drunk.
So, here we go again. The next round of bloodbaths promises to continue on as a bunch of witless barbarians fight over the same goddamn piece of worthless land. And I’m the bad guy for saying religion makes the world a worse place? I posit that the real bad guys, who are going to get the rest of us killed along with themselves, are the Muslim Ayatollahs and the Israeli settlers. Though I think the original Zionist idea – and more importantly, their choice of locale – was misguided to say the least, what’s done is done. Every reasonable person knows what can bring peace – give the West Bank and Gaza Strip back to the Palestinians roughly along the 1967 borders, no right of return to the Palestinians for Israel proper and split Jerusalem in half. I know it, you know it, and the entire world knows it. But we won’t do it because of the religious zealots on both sides. You wonder why I can’t stand these religions. For the love of God, Yahweh and Allah, let’s save the people of the Middle East by getting rid of the absurd religious beliefs of the Middle East.