« Home | Oy. » | Things I Would Have Believed » | Libertarians? » | Things I Used To Believe (and actually still do be... » | The Phony gets political » | God hates the heartland? » | Interesting » | I link to this guy too much » | This is beautiful » | Yes! » 

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 

Media Matters rocks

Media Matters lays its daily smackdown on Bill O'Reilly:
Later in the interview, Letterman admonished O'Reilly, asserting "I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap. ... I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint," to which O'Reilly replied, "I respect your opinion, you should respect mine." But O'Reilly had apparently been aware of Letterman's unrelenting style. In a 2001 column titled "The Letterman Experience," O'Reilly praised Letterman's interviewing abilities: "The late-night program hosted by David Letterman is the toughest interview show on television. That's because Mr. Letterman is a smart guy who can spot a phony with telescopic accuracy and expects his guests to bring something to the table. If a guest begins to sink on this show, the bottom is a long way down."